Saturday, May 29, 2010

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY MOTHER

Dear Friends,

My mother had her bowel resectioned. There have been complications. There is a leak in the surgery and fluid is draining from her rapidly by way of a drainage tube. Her coloring is poor and she's weak and has not eaten in a weak. They have taken her off of fluids again to slow the drainage.

I'm terrified.

She's been in the hospital one week and they say she will be in another week.

My biggest fear is she will die before she ever gets home.

The dr and my family say this is not fatal, but i'm so scared. They hope the leak will resolve itself without further surgery. If she needs another surgery, how could she survive that?

If she does, the recovery is likely to be 6 months. If she makes it home, she will likely weigh 100 lbs and need to regain all of her muscle.

I'm also angry. I hope this was worth it. She was upset about losing weight BEFORE?

PLEASE PRAY.

Susan has had to do more prep for our catering job on Sunday. I'll be at the hospital today.

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY MOTHER'S RECOVERY AND FOR MY ABILITY TO STOP ANESTHETIZING MYSELF WITH FOOD.

With love,
xoxo michelle joy

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My father had similar sugery last June and the same thing happened to him. He didn't eat for about 8 days... then slowly, he got better. Some bowels just take longer to heal. Hang in there, I hope and pray she will get better. My past experience with my father tells me she will.

Hugs!